Free disposal of televisions and computers
Eastern Riverina residents and small businesses can now access a free service to drop off their old televisions, computers and computer components. Kurrajong Recyclers and the Riverina Eastern Regional Organisation of Councils (REROC) have joined forces with Drop Zone by MRI E-Cycle Solutions to provide the service with e-waste drop zones placed in council landfills across the region.
The collection of e-waste in the REROC region commenced in July 2013 and since that time over 400,000 kilos has been collected from participating council areas.
Residents and small businesses are able to drop off their old televisions, computers and computer components to 11 locations in the REROC region. Please see below for a list of locations or click here to download a PDF version of the locations.
- Bland - Bland Shire Council Landfill, Racecourse Rd, West Wyalong
- Coolamon - Coolamon Shire Council Landfill, 102 Dyces Lane, Coolamon
- Cootamundra - Cootamundra Waste Transfer Station, Turners Lane, Cootamundra
- Greater Hume - Culcairn Transfer Station, Schnaara Lane, Culcairn
- Gundagai - Gundagai Waste and Recovery Centre, Burra Road, Gundagai
- Junee - Junee Transfer Station, Kahmoo Road, Junee
- Lockhart - Lockhart Shire Council Waste Depot, Tip Road, Lockhart
- Temora - Temora Shire Council Waste Depot, Teal Street, Temora
- Tumut - Gilmore Waste & Recycling Centre, Killarney Drive, Tumut
- Tumbarumba - Tumbarumba Waste Transfer Station, Saleyards Road, Tumbarumba
- Wagga Wagga - Kurrajong Recyclers, 54 Chaston Street, Wagga Wagga
Please contact your local council for the opening hours of each facility listed above. Kurrajong Recyclers is open from 7.30am - 3.45pm each week day and will take e-waste from any participating council area.
Click here to see a copy of the e-waste TV advertisement.
Products Accepted Free of Charge Under the Regulations
- Plasma televisions
- Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) televisions
- Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) televisions
- Rear Projection televisions
- Portable processing machines – i.e laptops, notebooks & palmtops
- Desktops/Central Processing Units (CPUs)
- Computer monitors
- Multi function devices that print, copy, scan and/or fax
- Cards, motherboards
- Web cameras
- Compact disk drives
- Digital video disk drives
- Hard drives
- Floppy drives
- Mouse and trackball
- Joysticks and gamepads
- Electrical transformers designed to be housed in same cabinet as the CPU
Click here for further information on the National Television and Computer Recycling Scheme or download the householders fact sheet below.